frequently asked questions
Insurance agency in good standing and minimum one-year experience. E&O liability minimum limit of $1 million, license in the State that UCA operates.
- Download the Broker’s questionnaire Appointment Questionnaire
- E-mail the completed questionnaire to Barry Colburn or the Territory Manager of your region. Contact Information
- Or, feel free to contact Barry Colburn or any Territory Manager.
- Our prompt turnaround on quotes.
- We listen to and are considerate of our Brokers’ requests.
- Fast policy issuance
- The accessibility of management when problems occur.
- Loss control suggestions and recommendations.
- Personal contact with each & every Broker.
- Ask for pre-inspection before binding
- Ask for indication of premium
- UCA inspects each & every risk, new or renewal with no exceptions
- UCA offers suggestions and recommendations for loss prevention
- UCA inspectors many times offer language assistance
No. Audits are never performed on any UCA policy.
There is no minimum earned premium on UCA policies, but the inspection fee is fully earned upon the effective date.
- Monthly statement
- EZ Pay Plan
- Occasionally a deposit is required
- Cancellation for underwriting reasons may only be done within 60 days of the effective date and must give 30 days’ notice.
- Cancellation for non-compliance of mandatory recommendations may only be done within 60 days of the effective date and must give 30 days’ notice.
- Cancellation for non-payment of premium is 10 days’ notice
- Cancellation can be requested by the broker or the insured. Original policy or signed Cancellation/ Policy Release must be presented with request and may not be back dated for more than 10 days.
Fax or e-mail your request to your Underwriter with detailed policy information. The Loss Run will be provided within 10 working days.
We may issue separate policies for each location or one policy with multi-locations according to the request of the Broker. Multi-location credits will be applied in either instance.
When a submitted application does not meet UCA's Preferred Program Standard, will a Surplus Lines Market quote be provided?
At your request, the affiliated Pacific Excess will provide you with a quote from their available markets.